Flemington & Kensington Bowling Club
Code of Behaviour
This Code aims to set out the minimum standards for anyone who represents, supports or visits Flemington-Kensington Bowling Club. It applies when playing, training, volunteering or taking part in Club-sanctioned activities. It also applies when we open our Club to visitors and guests.
In particular, our Code of Behaviour ensures that our Club:
- Acts within the rules and spirit of the great sport of Bowls.
- Promotes fair play over winning at any cost.
- Encourages and supports opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviours and skills.
- Supports opportunities for participation in all aspects of the sport.
- Treats each person as an individual and shows respect and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
- Respects the rights and worth of every person, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion.
- Respects the decisions of officials and administrators.
- Displays appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions.
- Displays responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
- Acts with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to a safe environment which is free of all discrimination and harassment.
- Does not tolerate violent, abusive, bullying or threatening behaviours.